Development Chemist required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring proven experience in the development of adhesive products or industrial coatings. Scientific degree preferred but not essential.
Title: Development Chemist
Salary: £Competitive, dependent on experience.
SRG is working with a market-leading company with a long and successful track record of developing specialist adhesives and coatings systems. With a view to the company's future and expanding into new territories, they are now looking for an experienced Development Chemist to join the team at their site in Staffordshire. The role will involve managing projects to develop new and existing products from self-generated ideas and market/company-led briefs. It would be a key position in the technical team and a brilliant opportunity for someone with a strong background in adhesives or coatings product development and formulation.
Benefits: A long-established, family-run business who have experienced consistent growth and success for many years, offering an opportunity to lead projects with autonomy at a senior level in the team. Potential for international travel. 24 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. Pension scheme and private health care. 37.5 working hours, 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Leading product development projects from conception, through to full scale production and commercialisation
- Liaising internally with marketing to shape and plan large scale development objectives, including new products, cost engineering, compliance and reformulation projects
- Generating ideas for new products, performance improvements and profitability
- Planning and undertaking development work to realise larger objectives and new ideas,
- Liaising with suppliers to benefit innovation, development and cost efficiency
- Evaluating new raw materials and impact on product performance
- Benchmarking competitor products
- Supervising scale up trials and supporting field testing of products
- Providing technical support and advice internally and externally to customers
- Creating and amending technical documentation as necessary
- Maintaining awareness of relevant standards and regulatory compliance
- Liaising with suppliers to track trends and developments in raw materials
- Proven, industry-based experience in the development of adhesives or similar technology, e.g. industrial coatings, construction chemicals
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science preferred but not essential
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills, systematic approach and a logical, investigative mind set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey technical information and write reports and specifications
- Organised, enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as a genuine team player
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: adhesive, glue, coatings, paint, sealant, binder, epoxy, epoxies, polyurethane, acrylate, screed, cement, cementitious, waterproofing, levelling, resin, polymer, laboratory, development, formulation, chemist, chemistry, product development, R&D, chemistry, polymer science, material science
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J36805
- Updated: 21st July 2020
- Expires: 18th August 2020