We are seeking a senior development scientist to be part of development team based in the South Wales area. The successful candidate will be expected to manage a small team of scientists and providing technical expertise in pharmaceutical development, transfer and scale up.
The role includes:
- Managing a team conducting a wide range of laboratory, process and engineering activities
- Providing day-to-day line management support
- Providing scientific leadership for managing projects including experimental design and analysis
- Ensure compliance to quality and H &S requirements for areas of work
- Build rapport and trust with colleagues and customers, ensuring that people are supported to be the best they can be
- Actively listen to colleagues and customers alike, showing empathy when needed
- To understand what customers need and be adaptable and responsive
- To provide a high-quality, customer-orientated service which complies with relevant legislation
- Responsible for the reviewing and generation of manufacturing batch records for development, technical transfer, scale up and validation in accordance with cGMP practices.
- Advise and support CAPEX and improve activities in the manufacturing area
- Responsible for progressing and assisting in the technical aspects of manufacturing process and validation etc.
- To communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- BSc , or PhD in chemistry, microbiology, engineering or related
- Extensive experience in Pharmaceutical development and manufacturing processing environment
- Technical transfer and scale up of manufacturing process
- Experience in process validation and technical support.
- Knowledge of EMEA/FDA
The individual needs to be highly driven and resourceful, with excellent planning, verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: BSW11
- Updated: 13th August 2020
- Expires: 8th September 2020