We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - NGS to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Edinburgh, Scotland. As the Senior Scientist - NGS, you will have an excellent molecular biology background to support the client and company projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - NGS will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Project Management - Act as Study Director and key technical point of contact for a range of clients seeking sequencing/immunology services. You will work closely with your client to ensure correct initial protocol development and will continually update them on key project milestones.
2. Line Management - You will support the Team Leader with the management of the team including delegation of project tasks and supervision to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reports.
3. Molecular Biology - You will ensure that you keep up-to-date with scientific literature to understand relevant technical protocols to ensure a high level bespoke service. You will be hands on NGS library prep, bulk RNA-seq (Smartseq, TruSeq), single cell (10x genomics), sterile TC methods, ELISAs, flow cytometry, RNA extraction and QC (use of Qubit and Bioanalyzer), targeted pre-amplification, Taqman qPCR.
4. Business Development - You will also have the opportunity to develop and build out a client base through the attendance of scientific and trade conferences where you will have the opportunity to deliver oral and poster presentations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - NGS we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (e.g. Biomedical Science, Biology, Immunology, Pathology, Molecular Biology). A PhD is highly advantageous.
2. Experience of a full range of molecular biology techniques: NGS library prep, bulk RNA-seq (Smartseq, TruSeq), single cell (10x genomics), sterile TC methods, ELISAs, flow cytometry, RNA extraction and QC (use of Qubit and Bioanalyzer), targeted pre-amplification, Taqman qPCR. .
Key Words: NGS / DNA / RNA / Sequencing / Flow cytometry / RNA extraction / QC / PCR / Elisa / Immunology / Oncology / CRO / Drug Discovery / Next Generation Sequencing / Project Management / Project Delivert / R&D / Business Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633424
- Updated: 30th June 2020
- Expires: 27th July 2020