Scientist - Bioassay / Cell-based Assays
Based in Hertfordshire
£26,000 - £33,000 + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience in running cell-based assays for drug testing?
Would you like to work at a leading global pharmaceutical company?
My client is a leading pharmaceutical research organisation with a global footprint. Due to expansion and a key development project, they are looking to hire a Biologist to work with Bioassays / Cell-Based Assays.
You'll need to work with minimal supervision, interpret analytical data in regards to acceptability and consistency and set up and maintain analytical instrumentation.
Key responsibilities include:
- To perform analysis of samples submitted from both internal and external manufacturing sites
- To examine manufactured product samples utilising a range of biological assays, in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide information on biochemical methods, test specifications and sampling regimes, and the impact they may have on the product
- Review and Interpretation of tests results as required
- To ensure that all records and test results are accurately prepared and checked, peer reviewed prior to submission for approval for authorisation and according to company, customer and regulatory requirements
- To participate in the validation of test methods and equipment used in analysis to meet regulatory requirements
To be considered you'll need the following skills and experience;
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmaceutical science or related subjects
- Substantial experience in a GMP / GLP laboratory
- Experience working in a commercial organisation, ideally within a QC / Quality Control function (sample preparation, sample analysis/testing, data review)
- Experience of aseptic technique (preferably cell based assays / bioassays experience)
- Knowledge and understanding of biochemical techniques and analytical disciplines aligned to bioassays in the context of biopharmaceutical product release
- Familiarity with Lab techniques - Mammalian cell culture, Cell based potency bioassays including inhibition and proliferation assays & ELISA
- Very good organizational, planning, communication (oral, written), and problem solving skills
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision with excellent attention to detail
If you feel you're suitable for this role, please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for more details.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J31477
- Updated: 29th June 2020
- Expires: 27th July 2020