A growing FMCG manufacturer requires a Regulatory Compliance Assistant to join its team. You will support a busy regulatory and product stewardship department, primarily supporting with the preparation of MSDS and safety assessments of products. This a junior opportunity but any experience in regulatory compliance, and particularly with MSDS, is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that existing/future products meet essential requirements of the "EU Tobacco Product Directive Article 20 (TPD)" and other relevant jurisdictions.
- Pre-formulation safety assessment: screen the composition and raw materials of company products to ensure that there are no non-compliant elements.
- Prepare Material Safety Datasheets (MSDS) and assist EH&S Department in the preparation of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) reports and risk assessments when required.
- Help prepare Classification and Labelling of e-liquids following Regulation No. 1272/2008 on Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP).
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and help in writing technical reports.
- Demonstrate an ability to address new problems from first principles.
- Perform on-line notifications of our products to the relevant official regulatory bodies (e.g. MHRA in UK, EU Portal, French Institute for Research and Security (INRS)).
- Develop new working procedures/methods for management approval as a result of a problem or challenge defined by management.
- Ability to work using principles of 'Best Practice' to ensure that all material regulatory evaluations are conducted in a robust manner with clear auditability and adherence to records management policies.
- Maintain an awareness of technical developments within Product Stewardship for business or self improvements
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in a related biological science.
- Proficient computing skills to facilitate use and maintenance of existing systems/databases.
- Ability to address new problems from first principles in toxicology.
- Experience in preparation of MSDS.
- Good attention to detail with a keen problem-solving attitude to enable the delivery of regulatory assessments.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent at prioritising, working under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- Good team worker.
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of the role and adopting a disciplined approach to ensure accountabilities and deadlines are met.
- A positive "can do" attitude supported by a drive to succeed plus flexibility in adapting to new tasks and changing priorities.
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience working in consumer product safety assessment and regulatory compliance.
- A good understanding of regulatory toxicology and regulatory landscape of ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery systems)/e-liquids.
- Experience conducting CLP assessments.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 65601
- Updated: 25th June 2020
- Expires: 23rd July 2020