Roche Pharma Research and Early Development translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent located across seven research sites worldwide. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
You will be part of the Modeling and Simulation team in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Our team consists of scientists supporting drug development in department. We aim at supporting early research and development with project leadership and mathematical modeling, in the area of DMPK and toxicology, with the aim to enhance understanding of pharmacology, inform the selection of the right molecules and decision making for pre-clinical and clinical studies. We design innovative and quantitative approaches to predict molecules efficacy and safety, by integrating pharmacological and toxicological data from the early stages of development. We develop quantitative predictions to translate preclinical findings to the patients to ensure the optimal conduct of clinical studies.
This role is an internal replacement. The perfect candidate is an experienced scientist, self-managed and independent. This person should have minimum 2 to 3 years of experience working in a pre-clinical area, mainly focused on discovery project. Modeling is the main focus of this role. The successful candidate will need to be experienced in modeling physiology based and good PK/PD knowledge.
We are open to candidate abroad willing to relocate.
* Start date: ASAP
* Latest start date: 3 m ok
* End date: end of 2021
* Extension: possible
* Work location: Basel B1
* Workload: 100%
* Remote/Home Office: possible but has to be discussed
* Travelling: N/A
* Team: around 17 people
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Your mission will be to conduct modeling and simulation activities at the project level through the development of quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) and toxicology (QST), physiology/mechanism-based and drug disease models. Of particular interest is the application of physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling techniques for molecule selection and human dose prediction.
* Guide the team for molecule selection as well as human dose prediction using PBPK techniques, enabling safe and efficacious exposure in patients.
* Develop and maintain timely, scientifically sound, creative and business-oriented modeling and simulation strategy for pre-clinical projects or clinical projects
* Contribute to the development of methods to translate results from in vitro assays to humans to replace, refine and reduce animal experiments (3R principles).
* Interact on a scientific level with pharmacology scientists at senior levels (clinical pharmacologist) and project leaders with regards to all aspects of the integration of modeling and simulation (M&S) to ensure optimal treatment for patients.
* Min 2/3 years of experience working in a pre-clinical environment, focused on discovery project (planning and conduct of M&S projects for pre-clinical), preferably in pharma (*****)
* Strong experience (min 2 years) working on modeling (*****)
* Extensive knowledge of PK/PD (*****)
* Working experience of specific system: GastroPlus, Simyp (*****)
* High university degree in Life Sciences (please note the actual experience will trump a higher degree)
You MUST be eligible to work in Switzerland. Learn more
- Agency: Key People
- Reference: MC4965
- Updated: 24th June 2020
- Expires: 22nd July 2020