CK Group currently have an opportunity for a talented Computational Chemist with a drug discovery background, to join a well-established contract research organisation (CRO) at their R&D facilities located in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Our client is a contract research organisation that provides drug discovery services to the pharmaceutical sector.
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum.
My client is looking for an experienced Computational Chemist with in-depth experience of small-molecule/protein modelling and structure-based and ligand-based drug design experience, with a proven track record in project delivery. Salary is therefore competitive and dependant on experience.
The Computational Chemist will be involved in multiple projects drawn from a range of therapeutic areas and at different stages from initial hit identification to lead optimisation. You will also play a leading role in the ongoing development of platform technologies such as their fragment-based screening capability.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to take part in business development activities, and will have the opportunity to line-manage a further computational chemist.
You will join a fast-growing technology company, where staff are encouraged to be innovators, work collaboratively and above all to serve the needs of the customers. A fantastic opportunity where you can use your scientific knowledge and work alongside experienced researchers, and contribute to the discovery of new treatments for patients.
- A Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry, or a B.Sc/M.Sc. degree in a Life Science; and in-depth experience of small-molecule and protein modelling.
- Structure-based and ligand-based drug design experience of greater than 5 years, with a proven track record in project delivery
- Experience applying a wide range of computational tools and techniques including virtual screening, structure-activity relationships, and chemoinformatics.
- Knowledge of drug discovery processes; appreciation of key concepts from collaborating disciplines such as medicinal chemistry and biophysics.
- Able to provide leadership to a team of talented scientists and work well within multi-disciplinary projects.
For more information or to apply for this Computational Chemist position, please contact Naynesh Mistry at CK Group on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 48409.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48409
- Updated: 19th June 2020
- Expires: 17th July 2020