We are currently looking for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for the development of fermentation processes related to the culturing and processing of pathogenic micro-organisms.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will act as a lead specialist for fermentation projects whilst also providing an expert scientific and technical specialism in the area of fermentation processing in GMP and non-GMP.
2. You will play an important role in upstream process development within projects involved in the Research and Development of new, and improved, existing biopharmaceutical products.
3. Generating and implementing experimental designs followed by the analysis and management of data will be part of your role in the fermentation team.
4. As the Senior Fermentation Scientist, you will line manage junior members of staff, This will include scientific management, performance reviews, supervision and training.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A masters degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Pharmaceutical Science, Biotechnology, Microbial Fermentation, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.) is essential for this position. A PhD in a biochemical or biotechnological area will be highly desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in a biopharmaceutical company working with fermentation processes, media development, scale-up and analytical methods is required for this position. Experience handling pathogenic micro-organisms and toxic products would be beneficial.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with participating in multidisciplinary teams and an understanding of GMP and other regulatory requirements will be necessary for this position.
Key Words: Fermentation | Development | Biopharmaceutical | Biotechnology | GMP | Microbial Fermentation | Pathogenic Micro-organisms | Media Development | Scale-up | Upstream | Senior | Line Management
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633393
- Updated: 17th June 2020
- Expires: 15th July 2020