CK Group is recruiting for a Downstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading drug discovery business at their state of the art facilities located in Slough on an initial 1 year contract.
Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology based diseases.
This position will be based on our clients site in Slough.
As a Downstream Process Development Scientist you will be responsible for contributing to the development, optimisation and characterisation of downstream processes for the recovery and purification of antibody-based therapeutics.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Undertake purification process development experiments.
- Assist with the evaluation of new bioprocess technologies.
- Identify and utilise appropriate analytical techniques.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong Bachelor's degree, Masters or PhD in a related field.
- Knowledge of various downstream processing tools (in particular Akta and UNICORN-based chromatography equipment).
- Proven experience of protein purification (chromatography and ultrafiltration).
- Understanding of analytical methods (HPLC, ELISA and electrophoresis) for product purity and protein characterisation.
This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
For more information or to apply for this Downstream Process Development Scientist position, please contact Graeme Pallas at CK Group on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 48395.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Graeme Pallas
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 48395
- Updated: 16th June 2020
- Expires: 14th July 2020