CK Science are recruiting for a Principal Scientist to join a leading drug discovery business at their state of the art facilities located in Slough on an initial 18 month contract.
Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology-based diseases.
£60,000 per annum.
This Principal Scientist position will be based on our client's site in Slough.
Principal Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Working in multiple project teams to develop and apply ligand-based assays in biofluids and tissues to support biomarker development.
- Developing and applying complex primary human cell models of disease that reflect the biology of the target and be used to understand mechanisms, pathways and therapeutic intervention.
- Using a range of scientific competencies, develop relevant assays for: screening, function; mechanism; target validation as appropriate.
- PhD or equivalent experience.
- Significant expertise in the running and development of ligand based assays (eg. ELISA, MSD, Luminex) in biological fluids.
- The ability to transfer these skills to colleagues both internally and externally (i.e. collaborators).
- Working knowledge of biomarker discovery and development including an understanding of required CV and QC needs.
For more information or to apply for this Principle Scientist position, please contact Georgia Bernard on 0191 384 8906 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 48371.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Georgia Bernard
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 48371
- Updated: 12th June 2020
- Expires: 10th July 2020