As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Scientist within the Product Delivery Department at Keele, Staffordshire, UK. The successful candidate will be working within the GMP facility, leading processes and responsible for a team of GMP scientists.
The main duties will include:
- To lead the execution of assigned programmes of GMP manufacturing in an efficient and compliant manner.
- To lead a project team in mammalian / viral production.
- To contribute to the planning of GMP projects by providing estimates for required resources and schedules.
- To support the Production Leader in maintaining documentation compliance in respect of SOP updates, change control generation and close-out and support with deviation investigations as necessary.
- Direct line-management of at least three GMP scientists.
- To interpret data and communicate results to both internal scientific peers and external customers.
- To form part of multidisciplinary teams taking processes from the development stage into GMP as required.
It is essential that applicants possess a strong practical experience in the mammalian and / or viral vector production, and experience of working within a GMP environment. Direct experience of line management is advantageous.
The ideal applicant will possess a degree or PhD in Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or equivalent qualification with practical expertise in a relevant technical area. Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours including weekends to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire.
- Employer: Cobra Biologics
- Contact: Corrine Ward
- Phone: 01782714181
- Reference: CBK1220
- Updated: 2nd September 2020
- Expires: 30th September 2020