We are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in Kent. As the Fermentation Scientist you will join the company's R&D Upstream Process Development team and work on a range of projects including scale-up to production scale and Technical Transfer.
This opportunity would suit a scientist with prior experience of Upstream Development where you are experienced with Microbial Fermentation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work closely with the R&D Team Leader and department to support the scale up and optimisation of Microbial Fermentation processes for the production of Antibodies and Enzymes.
2. Contribute to preparation of Design Space and Lab Process Outlines and interact with Technical Transfer function to prepare Scale-Up Process Outlines.
3. You will make a significant contribution of your time to working hands-on in the laboratory and dealing with primary data.
4. Support the development of R&D's technical platform capabilities within the Upstream subject matter area.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biology, Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical, Microbiology etc.) in addition to previous experience working within an Upstream Process Development Team.
2. Proven industry experience in with Microbial Fermentation is required where experience of scale-up to production scale (5000L Bioreactors) is an advantage.
3. A working knowledge of GMP regulations will benefit your application and if you have ever worked in a CRO / CDMO / CMO setting, this will also be beneficial.
Key Words: Fermentation Scientist | Upstream Scientist | Upstream Process Development | Process Development | Biopharmaceutical | Cell Culture | Fermentation | USP | Antibody | Enzyme | QbD | Design Space | Lab Process Outlines | Technical Transfer
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633360
- Updated: 12th June 2020
- Expires: 10th July 2020