Head of Process Development required, based in Teesside. Requiring significant, proven experience of chemical process development, scale up and commercialisation, with operational understanding of chemical engineering considerations in commissioning pilot or larger scale plants. Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering essential.
Title: Head of Process Development
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly innovative company who specialise in developing sustainable chemical technologies for downstream industries. The business is now looking for a Head of Process Development to join the team in leading the development and commercialisation of one particular technology, with a view to further scale up. This will involve driving the operation and optimisation of a pilot plant, contributing to plans for a larger scale plant, and supporting commercialisation through interaction with customer and potential investors. This would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, commercially-savvy Chemist or Chemical Engineer, who has a proven background in process development and scale up of chemical technology.
A key, senior position in an exciting and pioneering business. High level of autonomy, major involvement in forward technical strategy and opportunities to travel internationally. Working hours will be 40 hours per week, with flexible start/finish times.
Role / Description
- Overseeing the operation of a chemical pilot/demonstration plant and production of customer samples
- Developing, optimising and troubleshooting the 2-stage reaction process at pilot scale
- Managing and mentoring a small team of process operators at pilot plant scale
- Working with current R&D team, operators and engineering contractors to contribute to FEED for a larger scale plant to be built in the near future
- Conducting process development work and gathering data to facilitate scale up of process from pilot to commercial scale production
- Working closely with the Chief Commercial Officer to engage with potential customers and investors, highlighting value, technical advantages and downstream application
- Supporting the business with commercialisation projects from both a technical and customer-facing standpoint
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Significant experience in the development and scale up of chemical processes from pilot to full-scale manufacture
- Proven track record of taking scale up projects through to full commercialisation
- Involvement with process engineering, plant commissioning or design highly advantageous
- Willing and able to liaise with and influence internal and external stakeholders, including customers and investors
- Confident, adaptable communications skills, self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Advantageous, but not essential: Experience or knowledge of IP, licensing, process economics modelling or exposure to the coatings, specialities or surfactant industries
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: process development, chemical, chemistry, chemical engineering, process engineering, process technology, organic, reaction, synthesis, conversion, green, sustainable, pilot plant, commercialisation, scale up, troubleshooting, debottleneck, FEED, plant design, commissioning, degree, BSc, MSc, MChem, BEng Meng, coatings, specialities, surfactants, polymers,
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J36491
- Updated: 11th June 2020
- Expires: 9th July 2020