A growing diagnostic business has an exciting opportunity for a Cell Biology Scientist to join its team. This is a hands-on, lab role focusing on cell biology and imaging work. You will support with method development and validation of clinical diagnostic products. To be considered, you will ideally have a PhD in a life science and previous experience in diagnostic assay development.
- Hands-on laboratory work, primarily in the area of Cell Biology and Imaging;
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget delivery of work packages within a project;
- Act as Project leader on one project as required;
- Responsible to ensuring quality and regulatory compliance of projects;
- Timely reporting of progress on projects and on metrics to monitor and mitigate risk and to ensure product deadlines are met;
- Manage the day to day running of assigned development projects within the Quality Management System (ISO13485) and working to the New Product Development (NPD) operating procedure;
- Provide scientific and technical support to programmes and projects;
- Provide scientific expertise, advice and practical support to senior management in all technical areas of the company;
- Independently keep a current knowledge base in areas of scientific and technical research, making recommendations on new processes, technologies and product opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- PhD in Life Sciences, with at least 2 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent in oncology, cell biology or imaging, preferably gained in the in vitro diagnostics industry in diagnostic assay development/validation;
- Demonstrated expertise and hand-on competency in cell biology and imaging technologies;
- Experience working to strict quality standards such as Medical Device regulations and standards including, but not limited to, 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, 93/42/EEC, IVD 98/79 EC, ISO14971, GMP, GLP, QSR;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Organisational skills and the ability to rapidly prioritise tasks in response to unexpected opportunities or risks;
- Effective time management and an ability to delegate work to team members and manage delivery;
- Experimental design and project/resource planning skills;
- Ability to manage and coordinate the timely creation and delivery of project reports;
- Manage and deliver product development projects to agreed performance specifications, on time and within budget.
The following skills and experience would be an advantage:
- Experience in statistical analysis methods;
- Experience in a clinical laboratory environment, particularly, oncology;
- Knowledge / experience in transferring a laboratory process to automated instrumentation.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6492
- Updated: 11th June 2020
- Expires: 8th July 2020