CK Science are recruiting for a Coatings Chemist to join a coatings manufacturing company at their site based near Oxford on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is ISO9001 accredited and they are looking for a coatings chemist to join the team. They offer a competitive salary depending on experience, in the region of £23-25,000 for candidates with proven relevant industrial experience, but this may be subject to change if more coatings experience can be offered. This person will perform R&D and formulation work in the lab as well as provide technical support to production, some administrative/clerical work e.g. H&S data sheets and meet with clients when required. There are opportunities for this person to progress within the business to become head of the team. Benefits include holidays increasing with service, pension scheme and early finish on a Friday.
This Coatings Chemist role is located near Oxford, commutable from Milton Keynes, Luton, Bicester, Banbury, Aylesbury, High Wycombe and surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be:
- Development of coating and paint products to meet market requirements.
- Evaluation of alternative raw materials for existing products.
- Refinement of production processes.
- Technical service both on-site and by telephone/email.
- Site inspections relating to specifications or coating failures.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory matters concerning labelling, transport, safety data etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven previous experience within the coatings/paints industry including a good working knowledge of formulation, manufacturing methods and coating properties.
- Analytical mind and good communicator.
- At ease working in and liaising with industry groups.
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, showing flexibility in prioritising requirements and meeting urgent demands.
- Ability to drive would be beneficial in order to meet with customers.
For more information or to apply for this Coating Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 48235.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48235
- Updated: 22nd May 2020
- Expires: 19th June 2020