CK Group are currently recruiting for an Adhesives Formulation Chemist to join a chemical manufacturing company in the resins and adhesives industry at their site based near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire on a fulltime permanent basis.
Our client is an adhesives manufacturer who are at the leading edge of their industry; using advanced technologies, they continue to be at the forefront of packaging and labelling. They offer flexible working hours and invite applicants to state their desired salary upon application which will be considered against skills and experience. Please note that a driving licence is required as travel around the UK and occasionally Europe will be necessary.
This role is located near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. The site is easily commutable by road from surrounding areas including Runcorn, Knutsford, Manchester, Warrington, Chester and Nantwich amongst others.
- Product development and formulation; delivering the R&D roadmap.
- A focus on developing new and innovative waterbased and hot melt adhesives.
- Recording data and results.
- Scaling up products and making them commercially successful.
- Provide market-leading advantages to the sales team.
- Attend supplier meetings, learning about new and novel raw materials and reporting this back.
- Getting new prices on raw materials to drive some savings.
- Ensure ISO9001 compliance.
- Re-writing SOPs where required.
- HND or above in a Science - Chemistry or Physics.
- Proven industry-based experience in new product development and formulation from scope to commercialisation - essential.
- Comfortable formulating adhesives and resins, or alternatively transferable technology such as inks, coatings etc.
- Experienced in raw material technologies.
- Experience in scaling up lab batches to production batches.
- Ideally some past experience in the formulation of hot melt adhesive and waterbased adhesives, and supervisory experience would be advantageous.
For more information or to apply for this Adhesives Formulating Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 47404.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 47404
- Updated: 21st May 2020
- Expires: 18th June 2020