CK Science are recruiting for a number of Analytical Chemists to work on a shift basis, with a rapidly growing diagnostics manufacturing company. The Analytical Chemists will be working at the company's manufacturing site near Stirling on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will initially work a morning shift of 06:30-15:00 and an afternoon shift of 14:30-22:30, rotating on a weekly basis. There is a plan to move to 24/7 shifts later in 2020 (exact shift pattern is yet to be confirmed).
Our client is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. They offer a competitive salary and shift allowance, in addition to benefits including 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, and a programme for employees focused on health & wellbeing support as well as resources.
Analytical Chemist Roles:
As an Analytical Chemist you will be responsible for the routine testing and analysis of raw materials, development batches and manufacturing batches according to defined procedures both in the laboratory and at clinics to support product validation, product release and post market surveillance. This role will initially be focused on the development of Covid-19 testing kits before moving on to other projects.
Your main duties will be:
- - Preparing spiking solutions, buffers and reference reagents.
- - Testing raw materials for compliance to specifications.
- - Data recording and analysis.
- - Testing strip batches using calibrators, spiked and clinical blood samples.
- - Use and maintenance of general laboratory and reference equipment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of working in an analytical or quality control environment.
- Familiar with various analytical techniques.
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent in relevant science.
- Computer literate (Word and Excel as minimum).
- Good communicator and team player.
For more information or to apply for these Analytical Chemist positions, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 48193.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48193
- Updated: 21st May 2020
- Expires: 18th June 2020