Title Group Technical Manager
Location Greater Manchester
SalaryCompetitive Package - Commensurate with the responsibilities of this role - to be discussed on application
SRG is working with a leading chemical manufacturing group with a long and successful history developing and supplying the food & beverage and associated industries with chemical hygiene solutions. A market leader in this field, they are looking to hire an experienced senior level chemist with a proven leadership background to assume the Group Technical Manager Position based from their headquarters in Greater Manchester.
This position will require an in depth knowledge of product management and products relating to hygiene control within the relevant industries.
If you meet the criteria and would enjoy an exciting, fast moving and genuinely challenging role, encompassing the whole range of technical management skills from product development, process and manufacturing, staff development and customer support solutions, please get in touch for an initial informal discussion. The successful individual will need drive and enthusiasm along with the key skills, and in return will enjoy a seat on the senior leadership team in a well-respected business whilst making a significant impact and contribution to its ongoing growth and success.
This position will be responsible for the end-to-end management of product development and continuous improvement including sourcing raw materials, optimising existing products and identifying new product opportunities. The Group Technical Manager will lead the Technical team and provide technical expertise internally & externally to support sales and technical teams and customers, whilst representing the business at external Industry forums. They will advise, guide and offer resolutions to maximise product quality, production, production scheduling via product compatibilities, new product development innovation and regulatory matters
Key duties will include:
- Manage the Technical Centre.
- End to end management of products including:
- New product development
- Continuous performance improvement
- Cost control
- Legislative & regulatory compliance
- Identifying new product opportunities
- Approval of raw materials
- Leading factory trials
- Work with Operations to ensure product quality, safe product manufacture and correct labelling requirements
- Providing technical advice to customers & field staff
- Managing a technical team of development chemists
- A degree in chemistry or a related scientific discipline
- Proven technical experience in chemical formulation, ideally related to products targeted to food, beverage, dairy applications and the hospitality, service & domestic hygiene industries.
- Knowledge of or product manufacture and quality control
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the chemical industry
- Evidence of leadership responsibilities including the ability to implement principles of management, leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, and motivation.
- An ability to rapidly apply technical knowledge to provide practical solutions often by teasing out from non-technical staff and customers what the real problem is.
- Proven ability to communicate technical information e.g. via refereed publications, trade articles, conference presentations, industry workshops and working groups.
- Knowledge of & previous participation in product manufacture and quality control.
- Flexibility around travel and working hours to meet business needs
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srgtalent.com . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit https://www.srgtalent.com/jobs to view our other vacancies.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J36017
- Updated: 20th May 2020
- Expires: 17th June 2020