Senior Research Scientist - Biomarker and Translational Medicine
Are you an experienced scientist within translational science? Do you have experience working across immunology including auto-immune disease areas?
An innovative antibody technology business based in Cambridge are looking for a Senior Research Scientist within Immunology, Translational Science and Biomarker expertise. This individual will support the company's late stage drug candidates for pre-clinical and clinical translational medicine efforts and biomarker discovery.
The successful candidate will plan and carry out experiments in order to further refine the mechanism of action of drug candidates alongside identifying relevant patients and clinical indications. They will also develop novel hypothesis around response biomarkers.
Given the nature of this role, the successful candidate will have a strong immunology background and will need to spend some of her/his time at a bench. The candidate will also work in close relationship with relevant contract research organisations to establish and/or deliver clinical biomarker assays.
- Work with project science leads, medical leads and the development team to establish and deliver pre-clinical and clinical biomarker strategies.
- Search for new biomarkers to support drug development.
- Deliver scientific and operational activities (qualification and validation) in biomarker assay selection and development to provide clinical teams with validated assays for sample analysis.
- Identify new clinical biomarkers for patient stratification for antibody therapies.
- Identify and collaborate with external CRO and academic collaborators to support testing of samples to meet timelines for nonclinical and clinical studies.
- Design, develop, run or supervise in vitro primary cell based assays (Receptor occupancy, IHC assay, transcriptomic, cytokines analysis etc..).
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of exploratory biomarker data.
- Contribute to the write up of relevant sections within regulatory documents
- PhD in biochemistry, cellular biology and/or molecular biology or equivalent expertise.
- Prior experience in Immunology (autoimmunity), translational research and biomarker discovery in academic or industry settings.
- Knowledge in molecular and cellular biology and immunology is key.
- Expertise in methodologies such as FACS, transcriptomic/genomic and IHC
- Ability to visualize and interpret data resulting from multi-omic platforms used pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Good publication record in translation sciences. Track record of innovative and conceptual thinking.
- Ability to work in a flexible, collaborative (matrix) style with colleagues and teams within the company and with external advisors including CROs and consultants
- Knowledge in biologics (e.g. antibodies, immunocytokines)
- Experience working in/with pharma/biotech industry and knowledge of drug discovery environment
- Knowledge of GxP environment and hands-on experience in handling clinical biological samples would be an advantage.
If you would like to join an innovative business at the forefront of antibody technology then please apply online.
- Agency: Clinical Professionals
- Contact: Kimberley Warren
- Reference: JO-2005-449974
- Updated: 20th May 2020
- Expires: 17th June 2020