We are currently looking for a Senior Downstream Scientist to join an innovative biologics company based in the North Yorkshire area. As the Senior Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for leading small and medium scale projects and contributing to the delivery and realisation of these projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work alongside the DSP Team Leader to rapidly develop scalable primary separation and product isolation processes in a scale-down evaluation facility.
2. It will be your responsibility to technically manage R&D and/or commercial projects, as well as co-ordinate the team and their activities. The projects will be for both internal and external clients.
3. As the Senior Downstream Scientist, you will evaluate and develop new downstream processing technologies for industrial bio-based products.
4. You will manage the scale-up of downstream processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree, or equivalent, in a Scientific or Engineering subject is highly beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience in downstream process technical role where you have been involved in trouble shooting and problem solving will be necessary.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with performing recovery or separation of bio-based products is required. This can include centrifugation, filtration, evaporation, drying and chromatography methods.
Key Words: DSP | Downstream Process | Process Development | Bio-Based | Biologics | Scale-Up | Scale Up | Scale-Down | Scale Down | Industrial | Biotechnology | Purification | Chromatography | Filtration | Centrifugation | Separation | Senior Scientist | Project Management | Process | Pilot Plant | R&D | Research and Development | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633267
- Updated: 19th May 2020
- Expires: 15th June 2020