An opportunity for a Principal Scientist to join a Molecular Diagnostics Organisation who are looking to make accurate and accessible diagnostics to help improve healthcare around the world.
Job Title: Principal Scientist
Location: County Durham
SRG are working with a Molecular Diagnostic Organisation who are looking for a Principal Scientist to join their team. The company innovates molecular diagnostic work-flow and are developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into workflows.
- Support the company's commercialisation programme, to work within the assay development team to development diagnostic platforms
- Execute experiments and development tasks and where necessary performing; DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, tissue culture, bacterial culture, sample processing
- Support the development of in-vitro diagnostic products
- Liaise with suppliers, partners and facility managers
- Support with the development and training of technical teams
- Ensure all work is in-line with company policy and ISO13485
- Write SOPs and review those written by junior members of staff
- BSc in Life Science or equivalent, PhD is highly desirable
- Experience of working within CL2, CL3 and ISO1485
- Experience in designing and developing IVD assays
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at Harrison.firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: ISO13485, Microbiology, Life Science, Molecular Diagnostics, IVD, qPCR, Medical Devices, QMS, Quality Management System, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, DNA extraction, RNA extraction, Molecular Biology, Assay Development, Assay Design,
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J36259
- Updated: 18th May 2020
- Expires: 15th June 2020