As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
A vacancy has arisen for a GMP Scientist within the Cell Culture and Virus Production Team to work within Product Delivery.
Main duties will include:
- Execution of cell culture and virus production and/or downstream purification within the GMP Clean Room facility.
- To maintain the status of the GMP production facility clean rooms.
- Compliant execution of GMP processes in a timely manner according to Manufacturing Plans and Batch Manufacturing Records.
- Ensure laboratory notebooks and/or Batch Manufacturing Records are completed and maintained according to Cobra Standard Operating Procedures.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures and Material Specification Sheets as required.
- To form part of multidisciplinary teams, lead by the Production Leader or Senior Scientist, taking processes from the client/development/technology transfer stage into GMP.
The ideal applicant will possess BSc in a Science subject or equivalent qualifications, candidates with a minimum of 2 A Levels, BTech/NVQ (or equivalent qualifications) and relevant experience will also be considered. A practical experience of working in a GMP production facility in an industrial environment is desirable but not essential. Experience of working with mammalian cell lines and/or downstream purification processes is essential. Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and strong practical skills within their area of expertise. A working knowledge of virus production is desirable.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire; however, a willingness to travel within the Group will be required if the opportunity arose.
- Employer: Cobra Biologics
- Contact: Corrine Ward
- Phone: 01782714181
- Reference: CBK1320
- Updated: 30th November 2020
- Expires: 28th December 2020