We are currently looking for a Proposal Development Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO), based in the North East. As the Proposal Design Scientist you will be responsible for working with customers, alongside commercial and technical teams, to develop technical contract manufacturing proposals, focusing on viral vectors and gene therapies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Proposal Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Scientifically and commercially asses customer requests for the contract development and contract manufacturing of biologics (mammalian and microbial). Customers include biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, research and biotech's.
2. As the Proposal Development Scientist, you will write, review and issue scientific proposals for customer projects, that are technically sound.
3. Liaise with technical and project management teams to design the biopharmaceutical manufacturing process for customer projects, within the viral vector and gene therapy space.
4. Attend telephone and face to face meetings with customers to provide specialist technical advice and support.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Proposal Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. An MSc or PhD in a Life Science subject such as Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Microbiology or Biology.
2. Proven experience with scientific writing is essential, such as proposal writing, grant applications or PhD thesis. Experience working with customers/clients/external manufacturers is also required.
3. Strong technical knowledge and hand on experience with the biologics manufacturing process, including upstream / downstream processing, mammalian / microbial fermentation, cell culture or process development. Experience within a Biologics CMO is desirable.
Key Words: biologics / bioprocess / biopharmaceutical manufacturing / CMO / CDMO / CRO / Contract Manufacturing / viral vector / cell therapies / cell therapy / gene therapy / gene therapies / ATMP / Bioreactor / proposal writer/ mammalian / microbial / process development /
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Despina Kefala
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633298
- Updated: 16th May 2020
- Expires: 12th June 2020