Senior Data Specialist - Regulatory and Safety Data Sheet background
Our client is an established speciality chemicals company with a high level of staff retention. That alone speaks for itself however, our client is in strong position to offer a broad position between compliance and registrations. The Regulatory Product Stewardship team are ensuring that the chemical substances comply with REACH and GHS. This is an ideal opportunity to stand out within a small vibrant team where your work will be appreciated.
The role will involve you primarily focused on NON SDS Creation. Meaning you will:
Maintain data integrity within in the SDS authoring database (Intelligent Authoring or other) to ensure that work products reflect the most current health, safety, environmental, and regulatory information available.
Author current and accurate Safety Data Sheets & Labels for multiple global business units.
Derive hazard classifications for substances and mixtures using various classification schemes including but not limited to GHS, OSHA Hazcom, CLP & WHMIS methodologies.
Develop and maintain internal processes that support data management and data integrity.
Coordinate change management processes to ensure that classification and regulatory updates to products and raw materials are managed and communicated effectively.
Monitor and communicate changes in global hazard communication regulations to insure global and regional compliance.
Assist product stewards in responding to internal and external customer inquiries related to product classification and labeling.
Support company policies and procedures, Responsible Care© initiatives and the Product Safety Code.
Assist EHS colleagues and support activities as necessary in all EHS areas including Product Stewardship, Toxicology, Regulatory Affairs, Environmental, Site Safety & Process Safety.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene or related field
* Demonstrated understanding of Product Stewardship and Hazard Communication standards
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Masters of Science degree in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene or related field
* Demonstrate a strong level of knowledge & understanding of global GHS hazcom regulations.
* Strong knowledge of database system maintenance and management.
* Working knowledge of global regulations that impact the manufacture and sale of chemicals.
* Working knowledge of toxicology, ecotoxicology and risk assessment necessary for hazard communication.
* Functional knowledge of chemistry as it applies to hazard communication and regulatory information.
* Knowledge of international transport regulations (DOT, IATA, IMDG)
For more information, please apply and send your CV. You can also speak to us about your application by contacting a consultant at NonStop Recruitment. Check our website for more information.
Regulatory / Registrations / REACh / GHS / CLP / Biocide / Cosmetic / Flavour / Modelling / Modeller / Fragrance / Personal Care / Food / FMCG / Chemicals / Environmental Fate / Toxicology / Toxicologist / Ecotoxicologist / Fate / Human Health / Risk Assessment / Household / Safety Data Sheets / SDS / Product Safety / Product Stewardship / Hazardous Substances / Hazard Communication / EHS / Health / Safety
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: NonStop Consulting
- Reference: AK/203482/18
- Updated: 15th May 2020
- Expires: 12th June 2020