CK Science are recruiting for an experienced Data Scientist to join our clients bioinformatics team within an innovative drug discovery and development company to be based at their site in Cambridge on permanent basis.
Our client is a leader in drug discovery and development to fight against cancer and diseases of the central nervous system.
This role is located on the Cambridge Science Park which has good transport links and is easily commutable from Bury St Edmunds, Peterborough or Stevenage.
The position of Data Scientist will provide you with an opportunity to apply your computational and mathematical skills. My client are looking for a candidate with significant experience in data science research, for example in data mining, statistics, mathematical modelling and machine learning.
Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
- Developing and implementing novel statistical approaches to analyse diverse multi-layered omics data types (e.g. genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics) to identify novel drug targets, biomarkers and therapeutic mechanisms.
- Leading the development of analytical models using statistical, mathematical and machine learning methods for biomarker development.
- A degree in a numerical discipline (Data Science, Statistical Genetics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of statistical methods (e.g. Bayesian approaches, probabilistic programming, Gaussian processes, mendelian randomization) and graphical models.
- Knowledge of machine learning methods (e.g. neural networks, random forests, SVMs, regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction or ensemble methods.
- Programming proficiency with Python, R or similar.
- Experience in developing algorithms and workflows.
- Good understanding of NGS techniques, cancer genomics and analytical approaches.
For more information or to apply for this Data Scientist position, please contact CK Group, quoting job ref 48233.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48233
- Updated: 15th May 2020
- Expires: 12th June 2020