CK Science are recruiting for a Shift Chemist to join a manufacturing company that uses coatings on their products, at their site based near Manchester on a full time, permanent basis.
The company manufactures textiles and fabrics and now seeks an experienced Shift Chemist with manufacturing experience to join the team. People management or supervisory experience would be advantageous. Responsible to the Laboratory Manager, the company offers a salary in the region of circa £29-30,000 pa inclusive of shift allowance. Hours are 6am - 3pm and 1pm - 10pm rotating on a weekly basis. Other benefits include 20 days holiday + bank holidays, rising with service, pension scheme, subsidised canteen, free car parking and life assurance.
This Shift Manufacturing Chemist role is located near Manchester, easily commutable from Stockport, Glossop, Macclesfield and other surrounding areas.
Shift Textile Chemist Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Assist in the development of fabric coating formulations (flat and foamed), and the measurement of the physical and mechanical performance of the resulting product.
- Ensure all development and testing work is fully documented in a clear and logical format.
- Take responsibility for the correct implementation of recipes and procedures for the production mixing plant.
- Assist in the introduction of new formulations, products and procedures, on the coating and mixing plant.
- Assist the Colour Chemist and Q.C. Manager with Q.C. systems and procedures within the laboratory and production departments.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the systems and operational running of the mixing department and colour kitchen.
- Assist in the training of both Management and Operatives in the correct and safe use of chemicals, mixing systems, and formulation used.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of working in a manufacturing environment - essential.
- Full colour vision - essential.
- Supervisory experience over other staff members strongly preferred.
- Sound chemistry background.
- Recognised qualification in textile chemistry preferred.
- Colour chemistry experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of polymer coating chemistry and application thereof would be advantageous.
- Evidence of strong analytical skills.
For more information or to apply for this Shift Plant Chemist position, please contact CK Group, quoting job reference 47943.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 47943
- Posted: 19th March 2020
- Expires: 16th April 2020