CK Science are recruiting for a Coating Formulation Scientist to join a coatings manufacturing company at their site based near Bolton on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that excellent colour vision is required in this role.
Our client is a specialist coater and embosser of papers, textiles and other substrates for use in the manufacture of products for various industries (security, publishing, labels amongst others). They are currently recruiting for a Coating Formulation Scientist to join the team, and due to handover requirements would like this person to start ASAP, ideally in April. For degree qualified candidates, training will be provided however please note that excellent colour vision is an essential requirement for this role. Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on experience, in addition to a pension scheme, 24 days holiday + bank holidays and an early finish on a Friday.
This Coating Formulation Scientist role is located near Bolton, easily commutable from Blackburn, Manchester, Rochdale, Wigan and other surrounding areas by road.
Coating Formulation Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Formulation of new and existing aqueous coatings for paper, textiles, non-woven and synthetic substrates.
- Colour matching of coatings to meet customer requirements.
- Operation and maintenance of the pilot coating facility.
- Working closely with different areas of the business to ensure new products are scaled-up and introduced to the market successfully.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Materials Science or a related discipline.
- Must have excellent colour vision - essential.
- Previous experience in coating formulation would be an advantage.
- Well organised with a systematic approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
- Able to drive with own transport in order to get to site.
This person must be able to start in April (possibly early May for someone with relevant industry experience).
For more information or to apply for this Coating Formulation Scientist position, please contact CK Group, quoting job reference 47946.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 47946
- Posted: 18th March 2020
- Expires: 15th April 2020