Shift Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring HNC, HND or degree in Chemistry or similar and some hands-on laboratory experience. Wet chemistry skills essential and a good understanding of the interaction between QC and production. Recent graduate applications welcomed.
Title: Shift Chemist
Employment Term: Permanent
Salary: ~£30,000 per annum
SRG is working with a company who operate a busy coatings manufacturing plant, as well as a supporting laboratory. They are now looking to hire a new Shift Chemist to join the Laboratory Team at their facility in Greater Manchester. This role will provide QC testing support to the coatings production team, carrying out wet chemistry analysis, interpreting results and conducting some development work on formulations. It would be an ideal role for someone with some laboratory/QC experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, though we will also consider applications from recent Chemistry/Polymer Science graduates.
Benefits: Permanent opportunity in a busy lab environment, with opportunities to be involved with product development and where new ideas for improvement are encouraged. Potential for further education and professional development. 20 days holiday + 8 banks, workplace pension scheme, annual pay reviews and bonus, life assurance and further benefits.
Shift: 6.00am - 2.00pm, 2.00pm - 10.00pm, Monday to Friday, rotating weekly.
Role / Description
- Using FTIR, spectrophotometry, viscometry and other wet chemistry techniques to test raw materials and production samples against specification
- Recording results of testing and interpreting results to make suggestions for product or process improvement
- Supporting the investigation of out of specification samples
- Working closely with the production team to understand impact of product issues and assist in troubleshooting
- Conducting product development and improvement work on formulations, using test data to inform and making changes to batch manufacturing sheets as required
- Calibrating laboratory equipment, following standard operating procedures and H&S procedures
- Laboratory or QC experience gained in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Applications from recent Chemistry/Polymer or Colour Science graduates also welcome
- Practical experience of wet chemistry techniques
- Able and willing to work the shifts outlined
- Good attention to detail, able to interpret test results to draw conclusions and make recommendations
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma White at email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemicals, analysis, wet chemistry, FTIR, spectrophotometer, colour science, polymer, lab technician, pH, titration, viscosity, analyse, analytical, QC, quality control, shifts, pigment, dispersion, ink, coating, rubber, paint, lubricant, masterbatch, fluids, dye
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J35733
- Posted: 17th March 2020
- Expires: 14th April 2020