CK Group are recruiting for a Transport Supervisor to join a to join a waste management company at their site based in East Sussex on a permanent basis.
Our client is the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. They offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management.
This Transport Supervisor role is located in Pebsham in East Sussex.
Your main duties will be:
- To supervise and line manage Transport Coordinators and drivers.
- A proactive approach to transport operations.
- Overseeing Transport Coordinators.
- Managing drivers and their hours.
- Maintaining FTA Tacho system and investigating infringements.
- Vehicle compliance/maintenance records (Work with admin/TM/LM).
- Forward planning vehicles.
- Overseeing route planning.
- Providing cover to coordinators.
- Resolving driver queries/issues.
- Cost effective routing of vehicles to maximise fuel/mileage efficiency and minimise overtime working, and to help maximise profit.
- Full compliance with company policies, standards and legal regulations, reference Road Haulage.
- Liaising with third party maintenance/contractors.
- Handle incidents/Accidents with the Transport Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Supervisory experience.
- An understanding of employment law.
- An understanding of quality systems.
- Waste knowledge.
- CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) National.
- IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health).
- Extensive experience within the waste/service industry.
- The option to join the company Pension Scheme.
- Access to company rewards, benefits and discounts.
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
For more information or to apply for this Transport Supervisor position, please contact CK Group, quoting job ref 47929.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 47929
- Posted: 17th March 2020
- Expires: 14th April 2020