CK Group are recruiting for a Research Assistant, Translational Research to join a multinational clinical-stage research company focused on the development and commercialisation of gene therapies for debilitating disorders based on a next-generation AAV gene therapy platform. This will be at their site based in Stevenage on a permanent basis.
The organisation has a strong pipeline of gene therapy products with 2 ongoing clinical trials. They will provide you with promising and exciting research projects in an environment that strongly values your development. Their gene therapy treatment builds upon their own pioneering work and their proprietary AAV capsid.
This role is located in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The site is easily commutable by both train and road having strong rail networks with London and being reachable from the M1, M25 and A1(M).
Research Assistant, Translational Research Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Be responsible for supporting Proof of Principle and Proof of Concept studies.
- Perform qPCR, Western blot, ELISA, enzyme activity assays, cell-based assays, and other routine analytical tests using tissue from in vivo studies.
- Comply with inventory maintenance including non-clinical samples, plasmids, cells and vectors and comply with health, safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Been educated to degree level or above in a relevant biological/life science discipline with laboratory experience.
- Experience in a range of techniques including qPCR, Western blot, ELISA, enzyme activity assays and cell-based assays.
- Prior knowledge on the execution of preclinical AAV studies using various in vivo model systems related to AAV gene therapy development and in vitro transduction/transfection assays using viral and non-viral approaches would be ideal.
An excellent benefits package is available including bonus, pension and private healthcare.
For more information or to apply for this Research Assistant Translational Research position, please contact CK Group, quoting job ref 47924.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Mary Bolt
- Phone: 01438 743047
- Reference: 47924
- Posted: 17th March 2020
- Expires: 14th April 2020