We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist to join a leading drug discovery CRO based in the Cheshire area. As the Principal Scientist you will be responsible for delivering cell-based and other in-vitro assays using multiple technologies to support the company's assay development and screening function, and will be responsible for mentoring and developing the pharmacology team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Development and validation of screening technologies, cell-based assays and other in-vitro assays across multiple drug classes and using multiple technologies.
2. Define and implement in vitro pharmacology screening strategies from hit ID through to candidate selection, and interpret target-based and phenotypic screens.
3. Mentor and develop the junior pharmacology team on both a technical and personal development level. Additionally, you will ensure that studies are delivered ona timely basis to a high quality.
4. As the Principal Scientist, you will liaise closely with clients and provide solutions to expedite program delivery, quality and translational value.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD degree in pharmacology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related life science discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with translational in-vitro and cell-based assay design and screening strategies.
Key Words: cell based assay | assay development | assay design | assay validation | screening | CRO | pharma | biotech | in vitro assay | drug discovery | principal scientist | client | customer | molecular biology | mentor | supervise | biochemistry | pharmacology
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Jessica McLachlan
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633124
- Posted: 17th March 2020
- Expires: 14th April 2020