A highly innovative start-up business operating within the energy storage market space is currently recruiting for an R&D Scientist to join its team, based in Central London. As R&D Scientist, you will play a key role in supporting the research and development programmes into redox flow battery technology, coupled with the ability to use a range of characterisation techniques.
R&D Scientist Responsibilities
- Development of core technology involving redox flow batteries and working closely with Research & Engineering staff to complete assignments.
- Applying a range of characterisation techniques such as SEM, EDS, XRD and UV-Vis.
- Contribute to the design work of testing equipment - this can involve test cells, small-scale stacks and novel testing rigs.
- Conduct and analyse experiments.
- Operate in line with health and safety practices within the laboratory.
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and external partners.
- Produce technical reports and have the ability to relay across to key stakeholders.
R&D Scientist Requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry, Materials Science or closely related field of study.
- Experience working within a chemistry laboratory - ideally research focused (energy storage, electrochemistry).
- Experience of operating laboratory equipment and working with potentially hazardous substances.
- Undertaking and analysing laboratory experiments.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay technical data/information to key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with electrochemical test systems is highly desirable.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and to be open-minded and cooperative.
In return, the company can provide a huge opportunity to work with novel technology-focused within the sustainability marketspace. £Competitive + benefits
R&D Scientist/Research & Development/Chemistry/Battery/Electrochemistry/Redox Flow
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6470
- Posted: 14th February 2020
- Expires: 13th March 2020