A growing clean technology business that holds Partnerships with global businesses is looking to appoint a Mechanical Engineer. As the Mechanical Engineer, your role is to create and verify product designs. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an R&D focused organisation moving into manufacturing.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials engineering.
- Design and implement appropriate validation and verification testing for engineering sign-off.
- Support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Provide input to and review engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing teams during product assembly.
- Develop materials and designs, through the procurement process, internal manufacturing processes, on to test and through post-test analysis.
- Provide input to DFMEA and design review based on failure modes (DRBFM) processes to enable identification of product risks.
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, post-test analysis (PTA) reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses.
- Engage in team-based solving of engineering problems using root cause analysis tools.
- Develop materials and designs through the procurement and internal manufacturing processes on to test and post-test analysis.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of design risk analysis and mitigation tools such as DFMEA.
- Knowledge of materials engineering, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics, hydraulics and test engineering would all be beneficial.
- Experience with a 3D CAD program such as Creo, a product data management tool such as DDM and drawing standards such as BS 8888.
- Some familiarity with small batch and series production manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Familiarity with agile project management techniques such as Scrum.
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Package: £Comp, 25 days Holiday + Banks, Free parking, pension 8%, Life assurance x 4
Hours: Mon-Fri, 37½ per Week
Sector: Clean Energy / Engineering / Fuel Cells
If you possess the experience and skills required for this role contact Kristian on: 01483 548804 or send your CV to email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6469
- Posted: 14th February 2020
- Expires: 13th March 2020