An experienced Procurement Specialist is currently required to join a leading specialty chemical company operating in the Petrochemicals sector. If you possess a technical background in Chemistry, have strong communication/influencing skills and are looking to further develop your career in procurement this represents a fantastic opportunity.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible to understand spend within assigned categories and (with budget stakeholder engagement) develop and implement sourcing strategies to ensure uninterrupted, cost-effective supply of the goods & services necessary to support business goals and operations. This position typically supports $50MM or greater in annual budgeted spend which includes a combination of high volume and or business-critical goods and services, including packaging, freight and logistics, and R&D spend. The role typically comprises 35% tactical and 65% strategic procurement, and you will work under minimal direction and guidance.
- Develop an understanding of the assigned category spend, the market for the products and services purchased, and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing (know the buy) ensuring that significant market changes are anticipated, managed and communicated.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies at a global and regional level within the assigned categories of spend - acting as the business partner to the operational departments and budget holders.
- Agree targeted projects with global procurement category team and key category stakeholders and define and lead project plans to enable agreed on project requirements/targets in a timely fashion.
- As part of targeted projects, negotiate and deliver price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimized, supply maintained, contracts implemented and managed as appropriate and agreed with business stakeholders.
- Develop supplier performance metrics and measures to ensure ongoing quality and consistency of products and services, and where agreed, support vendor relationship and communications to ensure metric delivery and enable maximum effectiveness of strategic purchasing initiatives.
- Ensure smooth implementation and handover to business area owners post-project, maintaining and enhancing supply continuity. Where necessary, ensure SAP data is maintained.
- Provide project cost-benefit analysis.
- Consult with key internal stakeholder groups to provide information regarding the competition, potential entrants, pricing initiatives and quality, service, price or new offerings/opportunities.
- Work with the supplier base to identify new sources within existing portfolio and new technologies and innovation which may bring advantage, sponsoring and supporting approvals as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other procurement team members on a regional and global basis to identify synergies that will maximize strategic procurement initiatives.
Quals / Exp:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Economics, Math, Chemistry or related field
- Demonstrated strategic planning, negotiation and influencing skills typically acquired through experience in related roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the procurement function and SAP typically acquired through procurement experience
- High personal credibility and ethics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build consensus within teams where the incumbent has no line authority.
- A demonstrated capacity for building effective relationships with suppliers and internal networks across all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding & knowledge of market economics, cost drivers, value chains, etc.
- A strong strategic and analytic approach to procurement with knowledge of Strategic sourcing principles and practice.
- Team-oriented leadership dedicated to continuous improvement, maximizing productivity and effectiveness in the organization, and promoting best practices.
- Highly effective negotiation facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to travel within region EMEAI 20-30% (Primarily to Belgium) and globally on a limited (1/year) basis.
Salary - £ Competitive + Excellent Company Benefits including Final Salary Pension Scheme
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH4977
- Posted: 14th February 2020
- Expires: 13th March 2020