Our client is a global company with facilities across the world; in the United States, United Kingdom, China, and Taiwan.
A great opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Scientist / Study Director to join the successful Oncology Study Director team, based in the Leicester area. This role presents an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. The Study Director team is continuing to expand in order to support our clients’ growing portfolio of model offerings and service spectrum. The team is responsible for research/development and project delivery of the company. As such this represents an exciting opportunity for scientists wanting to experience drug discovery for the first time or for more experienced scientists wanting to lead multiple projects. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, with the capacity to think creatively and a demonstrable ability to interact with and influence sponsors/project teams at the scientific level.
- Assisting senior study directors to design and execute preclinical studies both internally and through external partners (CROs and collaborators) and interpret the results of these studies, either as the head of a team, or by providing expert input
- Assisting senior study directors to Interpret and report data, discuss conclusions and present at various internal and external forums
- Contribute scientific expertise in oncology to project teams
- Provide input to the strategy and direction of oncology projects
- MSc or above in life science or a related discipline
- BSC in life science or a related discipline with proven experience in drug discovery or translational research gained in an academic or preferably industrial setting
- Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrable proficiency in a range of biology techniques. In vitro, in vivo and ex vivo experience and a working knowledge of immuno-oncology would also be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible and approachable
- Methodical and highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
This role offers excellent training and career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants must be able to drive and eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: SD12
- Posted: 14th February 2020
- Expires: 13th March 2020