Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Do you have a BSc in a life sciences subject? Do you have experience working within a microbiology laboratory?
A highly innovative biotechnology company based in the City Centre of Newcastle are looking to recruit a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join their team of scientists. This role involves a wide range of responsibilities so the successful candidate will be able to multitask and be able to adapt to the dynamic nature of a busy working laboratory.
- Maintaining frozen and living stocks of micro-organisms
- Identification and enumeration of micro-organisms
- Preparing, maintaining and performing quality control testing of laboratory media
- Preparing microbiological samples for Research Scientists
- Ensuring laboratory waste is correctly managed
- A BSc in a life sciences subject OR extensive equivalent experience within a microbiology laboratory
- Experience of Working in a microbiology laboratory
- Experience of culturing and growing micro-organisms
- Experience of working to ISO 13485 (desirable)
Apply now if this sounds like a exciting opportunity, any questions can be directed to Kristi Porter on 0191 284 6768.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J35332
- Posted: 14th February 2020
- Expires: 13th March 2020