CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a leading stem cell bank at their site based in West Sussex on a permanent basis.
Our client is an established private blood storage company in the UK established by clinicians and scientists passionate about the field of regenerative medicine.
This role is located in West Sussex with good road links to Brighton, Horsham, Crawley and surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be to:
- Test and process samples in a timely manner and to standards set out by the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) licence requirements & the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) standards.
- Work within strict guidelines in our HTA licensed laboratory.
- Must be able to work in a GLP/GMP compliant laboratory using CAT A/B cleanroom technology.
- Must be able to work using extreme aseptic technique, being acutely aware of sterility and contamination.
- Undertake all testing and compliance analysis of samples processed to the highest standards.
- Undertake validation and ongoing assessment of processing samples.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Maintain and review processing procedures to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Maintain (and prove) an active knowledge of current legislation to ensure compliance at all times.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Been educated to degree level or above in life science or a related field with significant experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- A thorough knowledge of blood and tissue processing and ideally a background in cell culture, experience in a cleanroom laboratory, experience in equipment maintenance.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and competent in managing a team of laboratory staff and office-based administration.
Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47689 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 47689
- Posted: 13th February 2020
- Expires: 12th March 2020