CK Science are recruiting for a Fermentation Technician to join an exciting and innovative leading food company at their site based in near Middlesbrough on a permanent basis.
Our client has a global goal to feed the planet on a bigger scale with the aim of sustaining the world and providing alternatives to meat.
This Fermentation Technician role is located in Middlesbrough and the site is easily commutable from all surrounding areas nearby.
£25,000 per annum.
The purpose of this role is to provide fermentation technical support to the fermentation development centre. The work will comprise assisting in fermenter preparation, running and turnaround, microbial media preparation, fermenter sampling and various analyses of broth and supernatant.
Your main duties will be:
- To be responsible for activities that contribute to the completion of experiments e.g. regular and accurate delivery of media for fermenter operation.
- Deal with allocated procurement and stock tasks, divergently undertake various analyses and record.
- Assist in setting up fermenter, preparing media, sterilisation of both, monitoring fermentation via various control systems, troubleshooting processes, culture harvesting and analysis and fermenter turnaround.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Ensure correct adherence to SOPs and partake in their development/improvement.
- Help maintain, coordinate and keep records of annual inspections, service records.
- Provide training and validations to all production technicians including ETP techs and chiller operatives, on all ETP lab and analytical lab methods.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working with laboratory scale fermentation systems.
- A minimum of BSc in a microbiological/engineering discipline or related (>3 years' experience in a fermentation laboratory setting will also be considered).
- Experience in dealing with an ordering system, vendors, stock taking and checks etc.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 47693 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Asad Karim
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 47693
- Posted: 13th February 2020
- Expires: 12th March 2020