A growing biotechnology organisation currently requires a Laboratory Manager to join its team. You will be responsible for the day to day management of laboratory analysis, processing and storage. Other duties will include the maintenance and monitoring of the laboratory environment and equipment, the management of laboratory staff. You must hold current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council, have a degree in biological sciences, and have a minimum of five years' experience working in a cleanroom laboratory to apply for this role.
Laboratory Manager Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will oversee our blood and tissue processing laboratory. Develop and implement analytical procedures; evaluate laboratory information; report results according to protocols mandated by laboratory Director.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and performance by adhering to and establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Maintain quality results by performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
- Maintain laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Implement new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
- Maintain medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains laboratory staff results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Resolves problems by consulting with laboratory.
Laboratory Manager Experience and Qualifications required:
- BSc Biological Science
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Minimum of five years' experience working in a cleanroom laboratory
- Managing Processes
- Presenting Technical Information
- Management Proficiency
- Must be able to drive and have access to your own car
Role: Laboratory Manager
Package: £34k - £42k,
If you possess the experience and skills required for this role contact Jessica on: 01483 279692 or send your CV to jess.othen@cranleigh sci.co.uk
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6460
- Posted: 12th February 2020
- Expires: 11th March 2020