We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area.
As the Technical Application Scientist you will be responsible for providing technical direction and support to customers using leading bead array and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Application Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Technical Application Scientist, you will efficiently troubleshoot and resolve customer's technical questions for various genotyping and gene expression experiments.
2. Your role as Technical Application Scientist will also involve troubleshooting a variety of issues related to NGS and bead array products with a focus on instruments under limited instruction.
3. Assist customers with the design and interpretation of gene expression and genotyping experiments.
4. In the role of a Technical Application Scientist, you will use your laboratory experience in the field of molecular biology whilst working collaboratively with various departments.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Application Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant D./ M.S or B.S. degree in molecular biology, genetics, software & bioinformatics or related field.
2. Proven industry/lab experience in PCR, sequencing, gene expression analysis, genotyping, and related procedures with a strong flavour of Software & Bioinformatics usage.
3. Teaching experience along with excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills are desirable.
Key Words: Technical Application Scientist / Genotyping / Molecular Genetics / Molecular Biology / Bioinformatics / NGS / Next Generation Sequencing / bead array / application scientist / scientist / Gene expression / troubleshooting
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Kayra Genc
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5632843
- Posted: 28th January 2020
- Expires: 25th February 2020