A growing FMCG manufacturer requires an experienced Account Manager to lead its German and Scandinavian territory. You will be responsible for both the Strategic Plan and the Business Plan across this very important territory. This is an office-based role, although you will spend considerable time each month in territory working with Distributors, Retailers and other associated Partners to ensure we have an intimate knowledge of all key commercial aspects across the territory. You will have proven B2B sales experience in an FMCG company and must be native, if not fluent, in German.
Both markets represent significant growth but a Plan needs to be skilfully created and implemented with pace. You will quickly understand the retail landscape, it's shape, dynamic and challenges so that the opportunities for our leading Branded Portfolio can be defined and actioned.
You will work very closely with their appointed Distributors to agree, define and deliver the JBP - a challenging but collaborative approach is essential to ensure we further strengthen our position. A broad range of skills are required to ensure the right level of engagement and influence is in place. Adept consultative sales techniques, the ability to work to an agreed Plan and all done with a positive attitude and motivational personality.
Interest and knowledge of the vape industry is essential, not just in your territory but across a broader area.
This is an office based role, although you will spend considerable time each month in territory working with Distributors, Retailers and other associated Partners to ensure we have an intimate knowledge of all key commercial aspects across the territory.
It is essential that you have a successful track record in sales within a B2B environment and be able to demonstrate success in growing revenue through new business acquisition and existing account development. Customer based flexibility and different sales techniques are essential skills to be successful in this position.
What you do
* Working to an agreed revenue forecast and target, with the ambition to exceed budget.
* Manage the territory through both the management of chosen Distributors as well as ensuring we have the optimum Branded range.
* Ensure that the JBP provides clarity on the actions required and key metrics expected.
* Retain existing clients and help grow their brand business.
* Find and acquire new business.
* You are our business expert in Germany and Scandinavia - both complex and varied Territories.
Are you experienced?
* 5 years sales experience, which is B2B (FMCG) and to include experience of managing Distributors, as well as ideally selecting them.
* Beyond the spoken language you will understand the consumer culture as well as the entrepreneurial characteristics.
* You will be familiar with Brand building and excellent NPI and retail execution
* Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills (email, phone and in person).
* Resilient, determined and able to work under pressure.
* Refined negotiation and rapport building skills.
* The ability to influence a successful business and grow one of our most important territories.
* Flexible working hours.
* Be part of a young and exciting team.
* Full responsibility from day one, with a steep learning curve guaranteed.
* A competitive salary with commission and exceptional achievement bonuses.
* A great opportunity to progress your career, get recognition within a Private Equity backed business, as we continue to go from strength to strength at a genuinely exciting time.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6413
- Posted: 16th January 2020
- Expires: 13th February 2020