A growing FMCG manufacturer requires an experienced Quality Manager to join its team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will take responsibility for the QHSE department ensuring all products meet the legal, regulatory and quality standards. To be considered, you must be an experienced Quality Manager within ISO regulated environments and ideally within another FMCG business.
Purpose & Scope
* To ensure that the QHSE department meets all its objectives.
* Ensuring that all products produced meet the legal and regulatory requirements.
* That all product meet or exceed the quality standards.
* That all safety and environmental standards, legal and regulatory requirements are met
* Utilise the integrated QMS to achieve or maintain the accreditations ISO 9001/2015, ISO 14001 and ISO 45000.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Management of ISO 9001 / 2015 standard, ISO 14001 and ISO 45000
* Be responsible for ensuring the company complies with all legal and moral responsibilities with aspect to Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental management.
* Conducting regular internal audits and inspections on site at agreed frequency as part of the QHSE strategy.
* Deal with customer complaints and be the key point of contact for customer quality matters. Set and track customer complaint service standards.
* Manages and utilises quality tools including SPC charts, cause and effect diagrams, flow charts, FMEA, 5 Why / Fishbone, 8D, Root cause analysis.
* Determining, negotiating and agreeing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications.
* Assessing NPD/NPI projects and agreeing deliverables and ensuring that these are met.
* Ensure that all major changes are approved via the change management process.
* Ensure all major changes are validated.
* Approve the design of all new equipment and facilities, ensuring that they are compliant with GMP / ISO standards.
* Ensure all SOP's are approved, available and in date.
* Audit all suppliers at regular intervals, ensuring they maintain a high-quality standard.
* Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards of both GMP and ISO requirements
* Work with Head of Operations to establish and implement adequate procedures, standards, systems to drive the operational plans within QHSE agenda
* Ensure all personnel both employees and Agency workers are trained in all identified areas of Quality and H&S to enable the delivery of high standard of compliance within all operational areas
* Acting as a catalyst for change that lead to improvements in performance and quality.
* Record, analyse and share statistical information to enable improvement actions plans to be written that eliminate and reduce Quality and Safety issues.
* Developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans that ensure corporate sustainable development.
* Contribute to the leadership and technical communities on site.
* Basic understanding of Chemistry, analytical methods, understanding of Statistical Sampling Plans.
* A basic understanding of engineering principles and design.
* Understand the NPD process and flavour development.
* Understand the principles of GMP relating to the site operations and quality assurance
* Have a good knowledge of Lab, Production and Warehouse.
* Be familiar with legal and regulatory affairs from a Quality and Health and Safety perspective
* Understand Environmental Requirements for the site.
* Ideally a BSc (Hons) in scientific or engineering subject but equivalent experience considered
* Proven experience as a Quality Manager
* Experience in a ISO 9001 and GMP environment
* Strong communication skills
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6415
- Posted: 16th January 2020
- Expires: 13th February 2020