Abbi Carmody at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join an agrochemical company at their site based in Kings Lynn on a permanent basis.
They are the market leader in liquid fertilisers in the UK and manufacture and export a unique range of plant nutrients and crop health promoters to over 60 countries worldwide.
- Work closely with the production, sales & marketing departments on all new products.
- Develop new and innovative formulations.
- Improve & develop existing products.
- General laboratory housekeeping.
- Ideally have a degree in Chemistry or a related field.
- Must have a good background understanding of Chemistry plus experience working with complex mixtures.
- Ideally a background in toiletry/cosmetic or ink/paint formulations.
- Experience of Rheology & suspensions.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a busy, industrial laboratory.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and to work well within a busy team.
- They must be able to work competently, and independently once training has been given.
- The role requires a good mathematical ability and computer literacy.
- Excellent organisational skills are required, along with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and have a desire to develop their job role to suit the company needs.
Previous laboratory experience is required but may be in the form of either work based experience, or a strong academic background; however, full training will be given on laboratory protocols and the use of specialist equipment.
Hours of work will be 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday (with extra hours where necessary including any peak business times).
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46775 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Abbi Carmody
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 46775
- Posted: 16th January 2020
- Expires: 13th February 2020