We are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join a leading scientific company based in the Berkshire area. As the Bioinformatician you will be responsible for providing technical leadership by developing tools that will contribute towards the prediction of how new chemicals effect human and environmental health.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Bioinformatician you will be responsible for developing solutions and technologies that can help predict toxicological properties of chemicals.
2. Integration of biological and chemical data from various databases including ChEMBL, Ensembl, OpenTargets for safety reviews of chemical targets.
3. As a the technical expert you will be working in a collaborative environment by liaising with scientists from other disciplines by understanding their requirements and implementing bioinformatics solutions.
4. You will keep up to date with the latest technologies, tools and databases that will support early stage research. This may involve networking within the wider scientific community and working with academic collaborators and contract organisations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD or MSc in a relevant subject such as Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Computer Science or another related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in building workflows systems (e.g KNIME, PipelinePilot) that allow you to query data for bioinformatic application.
3. A working knowledge of databases (UniProKB, Ensembl, CheEMBL, IPA, KEGG) and strong programming ability (e.g. Python, R, Java).
Key Words: Bioinformatics, Data, Workflows, Database, Programming, Python, R, Java, Chemical, KNIME, SQL, SPARQL, Toxicology
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Lucie McGrath
- Phone: 0161 507 0450
- Reference: J5632597
- Posted: 28th November 2019
- Expires: 26th December 2019