Julia Day is looking for a Medical Director to join a start up biotech who specialise in rare genetic disorders. Working remotely you will be responsible for the UK and Ireland with the potential to take on the management of the companies distributor markets - Middle East, APAC, Columbia, New Zealand, Saudi and Greece. This role reports into the CMO
The company launched their first product across Europe earlier this year and have a small satellite office in the UK with headcount set to grow due to company development and expansion. It's a venture / investor led organisation with the head office in mainland Europe.
Home based role with the majority of patients and HCPs located in the South and Midlands. UK wide travel will be required.
· Provide medical, clinical and development expertise as well as guidance on the life cycle of pre and post approved clinical studies along with managing interactions with interfacing departments
· Manage the medical strategic pathway in the UK and Ireland.
· Responsibility and scientific support for pre- and post-launch activities for an orphan indication
· Provide medical input and review of training materials; delivering presentations to ensure accuracy of content
· Support and ensure appropriate translation of scientific results into product-related messages.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with external key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare professionals, government authorities, funding bodies and other entities
· Responsibility for the local medical success of global development projects
· Develop an integrated health care concept network
· Strong interface for internal stakeholders within medical, compliance, regulatory and clinical
· Budget responsibility for medical activities in coordination with UK General Manager.
· Active KOL management including advisory board planning and development
· Work closely with Medical Affairs (MA) in Europe and participate as an active member of the MA team.
· Overseeing P&R submission medical review for international markets
· Ideally candidates will be a medical doctor although other academic backgrounds will be considered
· Experience working within medical affairs within orphan, rare diseases or products used in specialised hospital environments
· High-level medical, scientific and clinical knowledge
· International medical affairs experience is desirable
· Strategic thinking in combination with a strong operational approach; hands-on mentality and a pioneering spirit is the key for success
Excellent basic salary (dependant on experience), plus shares, car allowance/car, healthcare and 25% bonus.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46908 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julia Day
- Phone: 01246 457733
- Reference: 46908
- Posted: 19th November 2019
- Expires: 17th December 2019