Heather at CK Group is recruiting for a Product Stewardship Specialist to join a world leading medical device company at their site based in Inverness on a 6 month contract basis. Rate of pay is depending upon experience.
Our client is part of a family of companies owned by one of the world largest pharmaceutical companies. They are committed to improving the quality of life for people with diabetes. That is why they offer a range of blood glucose monitoring products and Customer Care services to meet these different needs more closely. In the UK and Ireland, many thousands of people with diabetes depend on their products for simple testing and accurate results. Their medical devices are very easy-to-use, reliable and accurate, making life easier when it comes to blood glucose monitoring.
Based at our client's site on Scotland's northeast coast, Inverness is the largest cosmopolitan city and the cultural centre of the Scottish Highlands. This location has road links to the A9 south connecting Inverness with Edinburgh, Scotland's capital, and the bustling city Glasgow, as well as the A96 which links Inverness to the seaside town of Nairn and to Aberdeen. Inverness also offers good rail links to Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh, and finally if you're flying in, Inverness Airport is situated just 20 minutes from the city centre!
The successful candidate will provide product stewardship support with respect to RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Packaging Directive, other restricted substances legislation, etc. as well as software implementation and process improvements.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Work within the Regulatory Affairs department as part of a small product stewardship team supporting compliance and sustainability.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports and other documentation.
- Interact with other functions to provide product stewardship support during new product development and management of change activities.
- Develop processes including documentation (software processes, standard operating procedures and database implementation).
- Assist with continuous process improvements.
- Attention to detail and thorough self-review of work.
- Thorough understanding of product stewardship regulations, especially EU legislation and their application in a medical device or similar industry.
- Familiarity with global chemical and electronics regulations.
- Strong undergraduate coursework in chemistry.
- 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor's degree (BSc) obtained in one of the following topics: Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or another relevant subject.
- Previous product stewardship experience, preferably with a medical devices company.
- Experience supporting international chemical or electronics product stewardship/regulatory compliance.
- Prior experience working with specialist software solutions such as databases.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46926 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Heather Deagle
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 46926
- Posted: 6th November 2019
- Expires: 4th December 2019