Job Title: Senior Consumer Safety Expert (Human Health)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Highly competitive + Benefits
SRG is working with a leading agriculture company dedicated to improving global food security, not least by their dedicated research and development into their range of crop protection products.
They are currently seeking a Senior Consumer Safety Expert to provide robust risk assessment regarding the risk to the human population of dietary pesticide residue. You will utilise expert understanding, interpretation and integration of a wide range of data (e.g. metabolism, residue trials, processing, toxicological outputs) in assessments and to support European projects.
The appointed scientist will lead the provision of consumer safety expertise on project teams, working with colleagues from Environmental Safety, Toxicology, Metabolism, and Regulatory Affairs.
* Provide expertise in the interpretation and application of metabolism and residue data in dietary risk assessment.
* Define and solve key scientific problems, particularly on the design, use and interpretation of dietary exposure data.
* Interpretation and understanding of current and future techno-regulatory guidelines and issues, developing and advocating techno-regulatory strategies to gain and defend product registrations.
* Ensuring the delivery and content of regulatory submission dossiers that meet quality standards and agreed timelines.
* Represent the company as a technical expert in discussions with external regulatory authorities.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Qualified to minimum degree level in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Science, Environmental Chemistry or a relevant scientific subject with proven experience in a relevant industry or transferable knowledge from a different environment.
* Proven track record of solving complex technical problems.
* Experience of leading and working with multidisciplinary project teams, managing high work demand and working across multiple projects.
* Good numeracy skills and eye for detail in delivering dossiers.
* Effective written/verbal communication and evidence of collaboration.
Get in touch with Tolu Kuforiji today on 0161 868 2248 for a discussion about the role and company benefits.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J33939
- Posted: 31st October 2019
- Expires: 28th November 2019