Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd has a vacancy for a Bioassay Senior Scientist to join our operations at Biocity Nottingham, UK. This is a permanent position.
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical in vitroservices to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
- Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
- Prepare and present complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
- Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
- Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
- Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
- Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements including review of data and production of scientific reports.
- Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
- Assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations.
- Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
- Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
- Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology/Life Sciences
- 5+ years of experience working in a CRO or on client projects essential
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and multi-task is essential
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience of presenting complex information to external stakeholders/clients
- Experience of working with primary human/animal cells is essential
- Previous experience in cell culture, cell based functional assays, high throughput screening, fluorescence microscopy, multiplex immunoassays, western blot, qRT-PCR, molecular assays, Immuno-Oncology assays
- Proven skills and experience in designing and trouble-shooting assays
- High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to develop novel assays in Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Inflammation and Respiratory therapeutic areas
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary up to £35,000, discretionary bonus, 3% employer pension contribution, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please confirm your status of eligibility to work in the UK and send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: Cellomatics BioSciences
- Updated: 22nd November 2019
- Expires: 13th December 2019