We are currently looking for a Quality Control Scientist to join a leading gene therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the QC Scientist you will be responsible for delivering the QC service critical for corporate strategies by supporting GMP manufacturing capability and regulated bioanalytical testing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Quality Control Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will execute analytical testing programmes according to GxP and be responsible for generating QC and bioanalytical data for raw material release, batch release, stability studies and clinical testing.
2. By following SOPs and protocols, you will generate accurate and compliant data records and reports, including the checking of peer reviews. It will then be your responsibility to present the data in Project Team meetings.
3. You will carry out routine maintenance, verification and qualification of specified analytical systems while working effectively as a team within the QC department, reporting to the QC Manager. You will also contribute to the development of the analytical methods.
4. When required, you will participate in analytical investigation and be responsible for notifying your manager of any unusual observation or unexpected findings.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant degree in a life science subject is necessary (i.e. Biotechnology, Biopharmaceuticals, Analytical Sciences, Biochemistry etc.) alongside GxP documentation experience within QC.
2. Proven industry experience in Analytical Sciences with experience in physiochemical, biochemical and biological assays in a variety of applications is required. This could include two or more of the following: molecular biology techniques, immunoassay techniques, proteomics, methods for quantitaion or cell culture and microscopy.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical method validation and an awareness of guidance and regulations will be highly beneficial. Prior experience working with QMS will also be highly desired.
Key Words: QC / Quality / Quality Control / Gene Therapy / Biopharmaceutical / Immunoassay / Bioanalysis / Biotechnology / Vaccines / GMP / GxP / Proteomics / Cell culture / Molecular biology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5632352
- Posted: 11th October 2019
- Expires: 8th November 2019