Are you an experienced Engineering Manager keen to take a step into a more senior role? We currently have a Head of Engineering role available which would be well suited for someone ready to take this step.
We are currently looking for a Head of Engineering to join a growing chemicals company based in the County Roscommon area of Ireland. The company manufacture fine chemicals and supply the food, pharmaceutical, fragrance and cosmetics / toiletries sectors.
As the Head of Engineering you will be responsible for leading and managing the site engineering teams to provide engineering support to operations and facilities activities. Key roles include management, planning and delivery of all maintenance and engineering activities at the site. The focus of the work will be to ensure that processes operate safely and efficiently, and in compliance with ISO regulation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Engineering will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and implement the business unit's strategy for asset care and drive significant improvement in overall engineering performance through direction of the engineering teams involved with the installation and ongoing maintenance of business unit process equipment, utilities and facilities.
2. Reduce maintenance costs whilst simultaneously improving asset reliability and availability by implementing improved maintenance techniques through the use of appropriate improvement tools (E.g. reliability centred maintenance, risk based approach, HAZOP, HACCP, etc.). Ensure, though suitable training that technical expertise and knowledge of key equipment and utilities exists within the business. Assume a lead role in the selection and introduction of new capital assets.
3. Provide technical expertise and advice on the design & procurement of process equipment, utilities and facilities to be used for the manufacturing, packaging and storage of a wide range of chemical and biochemical products. Assist in the preparation and management of budgets. Plan and control engineering revenue spend to budget. Plan procurement of equipment and services for new company requirements.
4. Develop, implement and manage the site maintenance strategy to ensure that plant and facilities are maintained according to the relevant process safety requirements and are compliant with statutory regulation and company procedures. Develop, maintain and improve engineering procedures to execute all engineering activity in a safe and compliant way. Ensure that all engineering activities are completed in compliance with HSA requirements including the provision of Risk assessments and method statements for all relevant activities.
A full job description can be provided.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Engineering we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an Engineering or Chemistry focussed discipline, eg. Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. In addition to this you will be expected to demonstrate significant engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry/fine chemical industry, with proven experience working in a responsible position of leading, developing and coaching engineering teams.
2. Experience of providing process engineering support to chemical development and/or commercial chemical manufacturing operations. Knowledge of ISO systems, and building services such as chilled water plant as well as working knowledge of Building Management Systems.
3. Knowledge of maintenance reliability techniques as well as experience of the Safety Management of contractors. A background in process safety would be preferred.
Key Words: Engineering Manager | Head of Engineering | Projects Engineer | Maintenance Engineer | Process Engineer | Chemicals Manufacturing | Fine Chemicals
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You MUST be eligible to work in Connaught. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631892
- Posted: 11th October 2019
- Expires: 8th November 2019